20 of Our Favorite Princess Leia Quotes Dec 28, 2016 by Sarah (Day Styles)
It was a sad day when the world found out that Carrie Fisher, known for her role as Princess Leia, had passed away at the age of 60 just four days after suffering from a heart attack on an airplane. The world loved Carrie Fisher, especially her openness and willingness to discuss taboo topics like mental illness and substance abuse. While some people may not have been into “Star Wars,” we can all appreciate the role she played and how the world loved and adored Princess Leia. She was stylish, brave, kind, determined, and a powerful role model for girls and women everywhere. In light of her tragic death, here are some of our most favorite Princess Leia quotes to help us remember her iconic role.
1. “Your friend is quite the mercenary. I wonder if he really cares about anything. Or anybody.”
2. "Someone has to save our skins. Into the garbage chute, fly boy."
3. “I don’t know where you get your delusions, laser brain.”
4. “You’re a jittery little thing, aren’t you?”
5. “I’d just as soon kiss a Wookie.”
6. “You came in that thing? You’re braver than I thought.”
7. “You have your moments. Not many of them, but you do have them.”
8. “Aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?”
9. “Will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?”
10. “Someday, you’re gonna be wrong. I just hope I'm there to see it.”
11. “We have powerful friends. You’re going to regret this.”
12. “We all have doubts about ourselves, sometimes. It’s part of what makes us sentient beings. Doubt makes us examine ourselves and all that we do. And without that we become nothing short of monsters.”
13. “Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope.”
14. “Why, you stuck up, half-whitted, scruffy-looking, nerf-herder!”
15. “Governor Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader’s leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board.”
16. “He’s my brother.”
17. “Captain, being held by you isn’t quite enough to get me excited.”
18. “If you see our son, bring him home.”
19. “Stop that. My hands are dirty.”
20. “May the force be with you.”
Carrie Fisher said “I am Princess Leia, no matter what.” But she was also an amazing actress, writer, and woman. She helped countless people with her humor and candid advice. People found comfort in her struggles with mental illness and addiction. She came out on the other side as a tough and capable woman willing to share her story and help others. Rest in peace Princess, your determination and strength are sure to live on for generations to come.